If I'm going to practice what I preach I need to cite references for things I've used from other sources. You may have noticed a small quotation towards the bottom right section of the individual image pages in the 'Latest Images' gallery*. At the moment this is mostly the same quote but, in time, I hope to add some variety.
(1) "The welfare of the subject is more important than the photograph." The Nature Group of The Royal Photographic Society http://www.rpsnaturegroup.com/page7.htm
(2) "There is a flower for every mood in the mind." David Henry Thoreau
(3) “Man is rated the highest animal, at least among all animals who returned the questionnaire.”
(4) "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns!" George Eliot http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/September_22
(5) "We cannot command Nature except by obeying her". Francis Bacon
(6) "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir
(7) "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." George Carlin
* The type of information and the way it is laid out that you see in the 'Latest Images' gallery is something I intend to apply to all images in all galleries but, given that this involves quite a lot of work, this will remain a work in progress for some time to come.